Love is a young, beautiful and ambitious manager who strives for perfection in every work. She comes early at work, smiles at everyone but give calculating eyes to every scared subordinates. She’s strict and always adheres to rules and regulations. She even makes her own system so that people will yield the perfection she wanted for.
One morning, the workers are happy discussing their weekend affairs in the office. Everyone share their experiences and holidays with their families that they completely forgot they are too loud. Suddenly Love arrived and everyone automatically get back to their respective desks as if they’ve done a crime and caught in the act. Love was surprised at the scene and asked what happened. Nobody gives proper answers but only a weak smile and said ‘nothing’.
That day ended and she thought the people talked about her and immediately discontinue the conversation when she showed up. She’s a little upset and thought her co-workers made her feel out of place in her own workplace where they supposed to co-work with her and even be friendly and not aloof.
1. You are like a ghost that suddenly appears from nowhere because you hide behind doors and observe what we do or what we talk.
2. Your people cannot work comfortably when you’re around.
3. You destroy friendships rather build a good relationship between you and your people.
4. You were never a good leader but you are a perfect fault-finder.
5. You can’t be pleased because you don’t find the good thing in people; you expect us to fail so you have someone to blame when you fail too.
6. You never acted like a boss. You’re just bossy.
7. You threaten us with deductions and dismissal of work instead of giving us support and motivations.
8. You chain us in fear… of you.
She felt embarrassed when she finished reading and looked for her secretary who has left already. She took the second paper and found out it’s her secretary’s resignation letter. Now Love is left with piles of work with no one to assist her. She looked outside and her subordinates pretend to know nothing.
- Moral of the story:
A leader should have a LIFE because nobody really likes a ghost! 😀 😀